Location: Indonesia, countrywide
Media www.rajawalisiber.com – Event: The U.S. Embassy encourages American citizens in Indonesia to maintain increased security awareness. Indonesian authorities warn that the terrorism threat level remains high. A suicide bomber attacked a church in Makassar, Sulawesi on March 28, and an assailant with an Airsoft gun attacked the Indonesian National Police (INP) headquarters in South Jakarta on March 31. The INP may visibly increase its presence at Indonesian government buildings, tourist sites, churches, malls, and other venues. The U.S. Embassy advises heightened personal security awareness, particularly in public areas.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance especially in crowded streets, shopping areas, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Be vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Monitor local media for updates.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
- +62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
- +62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.